Our client is seeking a Purchasing Specialist for their Halifax location. This is a contract opportunity with a well established local organization.
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for the day to day purchasing functions including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining purchase orders
- Ensuring purchase orders are coded appropriately through third party software
- Determining appropriate order method
- Obtaining all required approvals and order details
- Reviewing and resolving invoice discrepancies
- Responding to vendor inquiries and order status information
- Other duties as required
- Post secondary education in business or accounting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software
- Experience in Banner Information Systems is considered an asset
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Gillian A. Pendlebury, CPHR by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!