Our client is seeking an Accountant for their office in Halifax. This is a six to eight-week contract opportunity with an established and thriving organization. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the ideal candidate has strong communication skills, and is very team oriented.
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Reviewing accounts payable and expense reports
- Journal entries and account reconciliations for a grouping of companies
- Preparing working paper files for audit support
- Fixed asset schedule maintenance
- Preparation of statutory filings
- Other accounting duties as required
- 1-3+ years’ experience performing full accounting cycle duties
- College diploma or University degree an asset
- Strong working knowledge of accounts payable processing
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, with high attention to detail
- Flexible worker who takes ownership of responsibilities
- Excel & Word proficiency
- Strong computer literacy and ability to learn new systems quickly
Working within a friendly, supportive environment, this is an excellent opportunity for the adaptable and knowledgeable candidate.