Accountant Staffing is the only specialist recruitment firm in Atlantic Canada focusing on accounting and finance positions. Providing junior to executive level recruitment services, our clients include some of Atlantic Canada’s most respected organizations.
Accountant Staffing and our sister company, Administrative Staffing are currently seeking an Office Administrator to run the day to day administration for our office. This is a permanent opportunity in the historic Brewery location, in downtown Halifax. This is a perfect role for outgoing, detail-driven individuals with initiative, who thrive in client focused environments.
Reporting to the Partners, responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact and providing information and/or directing calls to the appropriate Consultant
- Managing candidate applications
- Greeting candidates and administering computer based skill testing
- Managing and updating the candidate database on a daily basis
- Accounts receivable duties, including managing petty cash, making bank deposits, and collecting client payments
- Working closely with management on marketing initiatives
- Ensuring office equipment is in working order, troubleshooting issues or contacting appropriate vendors if a problem arises
- Planning and coordinating office events
- Property management and purchasing office supplies
- Assisting with social media efforts and job ad postings
- Other administrative tasks and projects as required
As the ideal candidate, you have relevant post-secondary education at the university or college level coupled with minimum three years’ experience in a similar position. Possessing above average interpersonal skills, you are a confident communicator with a warm and friendly approach to client service.
Adept at multi-tasking, you take ownership of your work and efficiently get results while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail. This is an exciting opportunity for a flexible and outgoing individual who appreciates and welcomes new challenges. Proficiency with the full suite of Microsoft Office products is required. Prior experience using a recruitment focused database system is considered an asset.