Our Client, an established, progressive and highly respected boutique public accounting firm, is currently seeking a Staff Accountant for their office in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This opportunity will appeal to you if you are seeking a challenging and fulfilling role within a team-oriented, family friendly work environment committed to work/life balance.
With superior client service and an entrepreneurial drive, the firm provides accounting, tax, and business advisory services to a variety of Atlantic Canada’s most reputable private companies. You will be engaged in an exceptional learning environment by working with staff who also have years of industry experience in senior roles. The firm offers a competitive salary and desirable benefits package and value the contributions of every employee.
- Review engagements
- Notice to Reader
- Corporate, personal and trust tax return preparation
- Complex accounting research
- Ad hoc client projects
- Client accounting
- Client meetings and enquiry management
- Other related activities in support of clients and the Partners
- CPA or interest in working towards CPA designation
- Bachelor of Commerce or BBA in Accounting
- Strong financial and analytical comprehension and problem solver
- Prior experience within a public accounting environment is an asset
- Proactive and client service oriented
- Skilled at time management and prioritization
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly professional and value client confidentiality
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Proficient in financial statement preparation
- High level comfort with Microsoft Office and accounting systems in general
- Previous experience with CaseWare and professional tax software is an asset
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.