We’re currently seeking a Junior Accountant for our established and highly reputable client in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity within an active and collaborative office environment and ideal for an experienced Accounting Clerk with excellent relationship building skills and a proactive approach to working. This opportunity combines AP and AR responsibilities with other general accounting support duties.
- AP and AR transaction review for completeness, accuracy and compliance with corporate policies
- Manufacturer account and invoice review and processing, identifying and resolving any variances
- Reviewing AR and AP balances
- Delinquent AR follow-up
- Account reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing and posting daily general ledger entries
- Ad hoc and routine monthly report preparation
- Ensuring accounting policies are adhered to and accuracy maintained in areas such as purchase order preparation, invoice coding, etc.
- Coordinating payments and disbursements
- Assisting with the preparation of payroll information (i.e. commissioned staff)
- Assisting senior staff with month-end procedures as needed
- Responding to requests from the corporate controller and other members of the accounting department
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the college or university level
- Minimum 3- 5 years’ accounting support experience
- Proficiency with various computer programs & strong technical abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong rapport builder
- Well organized and highly reliable
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify trends and/or variances
- Successful in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.