|Location:||Halifax Regional Municipality|
Our client is seeking an experienced and dedicated Controller for a permanent position in their Halifax Regional Municipality head office. Successful candidates have strong technical accounting skills, superior leadership skills and thrive in a busy and progressive team work environment.
- Monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Financial statement preparation
- Cash flow reporting
- Variance analysis
- Inventory control
- Financial forecasting and budgeting
- Year-end audit preparation
- Staff supervision (2-3 employees)
- Other accounting, finance and special project responsibilities as required
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation completed or near completion preferred or equivalent post-secondary education in accounting plus relevant experience
- Minimum 3-5+ years’ experience at the senior level in accounting and finance
- Strong leadership capabilities and a positive, proactive approach
- Proficiency using an ERP system is an asset while Microsoft Excel proficiency is required
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package, plus the flexibility to combine in-office and remote working once established.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.