Accounting and Payroll Assistant
Our client is currently seeking an Accounting and Payroll Assistant for a permanent opportunity in their Halifax office. The successful candidate will contribute to daily accounting tasks and process the bi-weekly payroll. If you have an exceptional attention to detail and are looking for a new opportunity within a professional team environment, this may be the role for you!
- Accounts receivable tracking, posting & collections
- Processing accounts payable and vendor payments
- General ledger maintenance
- Bank reconciliations
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Track attendance, overtime, vacation time, etc.
- Benefits administration
- Issue T4’s and ROE’s
- Other accounting support duties as required
- Post-secondary education at the college or university level, preferably in accounting or bookkeeping
- Enrollment in, or completion of, Canadian Payroll Associate certificate is preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a versatile, general accounting support role with payroll duties
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll legislation
- Strong organizational and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Professional demeanor and mature attitude
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency in MS Office Suite
Rewarding hard work and commitment, our client offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you are an enthusiastic professional with a strong work ethic, apply today.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.