Our client, a reputable and successful company in the engineering industry, is seeking an Accounting Assistant for a contract opportunity in their Halifax office. Working closely with Project Accountants and offering a flexible schedule and working hours, this is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter with a strong and dedicated work ethic.
- Processing employee expense claims
- Account payable processing
- Corresponding with vendors as needed
- Financial data entry
- General ledger maintenance
- Other accounting duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 2 – 5 years related experience in an AP-focused position, ideally in a project-based environment
- Previous experience working with electronic ledgers required
- Proficiency with ERP systems ideal
- Aptitude for technology and software programs
- Strong communication skills and a professional attitude
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.