Our growing client is seeking an Accountant for a diverse and dynamic opportunity within their privately owned accounting services company in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Managing a portfolio of clients, the successful candidate will be responsible for completing accounting on behalf of their small to medium sized clients.
If you are an experienced accountant with a personable and client-focused approached, this may be the career move for you! They offer a competitive salary and benefits package and work/life flexibility within a positive, cohesive group.
- Full cycle accounting for a small portfolio of corporate clients
- CFO services
- Client remittances
- Financial statement preparation
- Client payroll processing
- Month-end close
- Corporate tax preparation
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation completed or in progress
- 3 - 5 years’ accounting experience
- Prior experience using systems such as Zero, with Sage50 and/or QuickBooks Online
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic personal and corporate tax knowledge considered an asset
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Personable demeanour and professional communication skills
- Above average attention to detail, organization skills
- Adaptable to changing priorities and problem-solving skills
- Successful in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently at a client site
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.