Our client, a membership organization in the not-for-profit sector, is seeking an Interim Accountant for an opportunity in their Halifax office. This is a contract position offering 3 – 5 days per week, lasting approximately 3 months. Supporting the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for daily accounting duties.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Ad hoc reporting
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 3+ years similar experience performing full accounting cycle duties
- Strong computer literacy including proficiency in MS Excel & Sage50
- Flexible worker who takes ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and a go-getter attitude
- Logical thinker with strong organizational and time management skills
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.