Are you a self-motivated and driven individual keen to contribute your skills to a notable, local organization? Our client is seeking a Junior Accountant for a contract opportunity in their Halifax office. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the successful candidate will assist with day to day accounting activities.
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Bank reconciliations
- Payroll entry and tracking
- Account reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Month end support
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar accounting support role
- Proficiency using accounting software programs; Sage50 considered an asset
- Excellent attention to details and prioritizing skills
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to work in a team while being efficient when working independently
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.