Reporting to the Controller, our client is seeking a Senior Accountant for a new position created due to ongoing growth in the organization. The successful candidate would be responsible for full-cycle accounting on a portfolio of companies in a privately-owned company focused primarily on renewable energy.
The position is hands-on and primary responsibilities include:
- Interim and annual financial statements for presentation to management, external lenders and partners
- Assist with annual year-end engagements
- Cash flow forecasts and manage cash positions
- Posting of all journal entries
- Cost reporting on projects under development
- Review bank reconciliations and HST returns
- Process review and documentation
- Serve as backup for bookkeepers, etc.
- Assist the finance team with producing and developing ad-hoc reports for management
- CPA designation in progress or recently completed; or comparable experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a financial-reporting environment
- Experience with preparation of financial statements
- Familiarity with Sage Accounting software would be an asset
- Proficient with Excel and comfortable with other Microsoft Office software
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on your own or within a team
- Ability to work remotely
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.