Are you a positive, detail-driven person with a passion for recruiting? We are currently seeking a permanent Recruitment Consultant to contribute to all aspects of the recruitment and selection process within junior to intermediate level accounting and administrative search assignments. This position will work within a strong team, where we balance dedicated client service and employee work/life balance.
The Recruitment Consultant will liaise with senior HR and finance personnel; have knowledge of accounting and administrative roles and responsibilities, as well as an innate ability to understand people and their skills fit in an organizational setting.
Accountant Staffing is the only specialist recruitment firm in Atlantic Canada focusing on accounting and finance positions, while our sister company, Administrative Staffing, focuses on administrative candidate search assignments. In operation since 2002, we provide junior to executive level recruitment service for some of Nova Scotia’s most respected organizations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify top-performing candidates on a proactive basis
- Prescreen, assess and meet with potential candidates
- Conduct database searches and develop short-lists of top candidates
- Coordinate and manage the employee hiring process
- Prepare offer letters, placement documents and other correspondence
- Manage client and candidate relationships
- Update candidate information
- Review and revise draft ads from the Recruitment Assistant
- Conduct reference checks
- Address client and candidate inquiries
- Contribute to business development efforts
- Attend industry relevant events, seminars and conferences
- Assist team with marketing initiatives and volunteering within the community
As the ideal candidate, you have completed a university degree or NSCC diploma in business, human resources or language arts. Offering minimum 3 years in a professional office environment performing recruitment duties or equivalent education, interviewing experience and professional client service, you enjoy roles that combine recruitment administration and interaction. Familiarly with basic accounting concepts and prior experience in an accounting support role are considered assets.
Working in a close, team environment, you bring enthusiasm for the recruitment industry, as well as the proven flexibility to take on new tasks and manage priorities. You excel in a client service environment, enjoy developing strong relationships, and are highly detail-oriented. With above average writing and communication skills, you are comfortable using databases, word processing programs and social media.
Situated within the historic Alexander Keith’s Brewery building on the downtown Halifax waterfront, we offer a very competitive salary and bonus structure, medical benefits, and professional development. We promote a work culture that combines focused client service with a relaxed, fun office atmosphere.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Gillian Pendlebury by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.