Part-Time Accountant & Office Coordinator
Our client is seeking a Part-Time Accountant & Office Coordinator to provide accounting support for the management team at their office in the Lower Sackville. This is a part-time, contract opportunity within a locally operated not for profit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Cash and credit card processing and reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable tracking
- Accounts payable processing (minimal)
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation and maintenance of accounting records
- Month-end reporting and account reconciliations
- Financial statement preparation
- General accounting support as needed
- Office coordination duties include responding to accounting related inquiries, office supply maintenance, accounting document filing, etc.
- Post- secondary education in business or accounting at the university or college level
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in full cycle bookkeeping
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong level of professionalism and flexibility
- Prior experience within a not-for-profit environment is a strong asset
- Above average Excel experience
- Sage 50/Simply Accounting software proficiency is required
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP
Working within a friendly, supportive environment, this is an excellent opportunity for the adaptable and knowledgeable candidate.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!