Are you looking for an opportunity to gain invaluable experience with a highly skilled team of professionals? Our client, a growing industry leader, is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor for their office in Halifax.
Working closely with the internal audit team and reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, you will play a key role in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Internal auditing and compliance planning and testing
- Evaluating the adequacy of existing internal controls
- Establishing and maintaining processes, controls and system documentation
- Preparing working papers and verifying assets and liabilities
- Assisting external auditors
- Preparing special audit, control and compliance reports
- Assisting in investigations and projects and advising internal clients on risk, control and corporate governance
- Other internal audit and compliance duties as assigned
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Completed a professional designation and have at least five years of relevant accounting and audit experience.
- Advanced analytical abilities and an impeccable attention to detail
- Possess results oriented approach and superior problem resolution skills
- Exceptional organizational, prioritizing and time management skills.
As the successful canadiate, you enjoy taking on leadership responsibilities, and have the ability to carry out your duties both independently and in a team environment.
Our client rewards hard work and dedication, and offers a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you are a team player with a customer-oriented focus and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, this may be the career move for you.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy Yeo, CPA, CA, in confidence, at 902-405-3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!