Our client, a reputable leader in their industry, is seeking a Senior Accountant for a permanent opportunity in Kentville, Nova Scotia. This is a fantastic opportunity for an accounting professional looking for a career position within a dedicated and collaborative accounting and finance group. Due to ongoing growth within the organization, they are seeking an individual with ambition to grow with the company.
- Assist the accounting team with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Bank reconciliations and daily cash position reporting
- Work with external auditors in the annual financial statement audit
- Coordinate with the management team in creating the annual financial budget
- Create reports for budget variance tracking, KPIs and develop effective reporting tools
- Prepare product cost analysis in support of understanding and improving profitability
- Calculate, analyze, and establish the inventory value of products within the organization
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting software and become an expert on current software systems used by the accounting department
- Recently qualified CPA or a completed bachelor’s degree in accounting plus experience in manufacturing industry/cost accounting is an asset
- Superior abilities using Excel
- Strong ability to learn, navigate and manage ERP systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our client offers a desirable compensation package, and the opportunity to work within a friendly, cohesive and forward thinking group of professionals.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email to [email protected]. Please quote position #AS14567-CB.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!