Our client, a successful and actively growing private group of companies, is seeking a Senior Accountant for a permanent opportunity in their Kentville, Nova Scotia corporate head office. This is a newly created opportunity to meet ongoing expansion.
The successful candidate will bring well-rounded full cycle accounting experience, while possessing a dedicated work ethic and the desire to contribute within this tight-knit accounting and finance group.
- Day to day accounting
- Financial statement analysis
- Budget to actual reporting and analysis
- Month-end accruals and closing entries
- Account reconciliations
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- CPA completed or near completion
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar full-cycle accounting role
- Above average proficiency in MS Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work efficiently in a busy environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demands
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong drive and willingness to take initiative
- Ownership of role and ability to assist with process improvements
- Strong communication skills with internal and location staff
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorf.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!