Our client is seeking a Controller for a one year term position within their Halifax office. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced professional looking to contribute meaningfully to a successful and reputable organization experiencing growth and opportunity.
Working closely with the CFO and reviewing the work of 3 finance assistants, you will be a part of a flexible and positive work environment, committed to collaboration and personal growth.
- Oversee and review entries by capable accounting support staff
- Month end working papers
- Cash flow analysis
- Financial reporting
- Invoicing and AR
- Assist CFO with budgeting and year end
- Offer and implement suggestions for process development
- Contribute to the current new software implementation and join the team in software training
- Bachelor of Commerce (accounting)
- Minimum 5 years’ full cycle accounting
- Proven technical accounting skills
- Supervisory experience is an asset or desire to develop this skill
- Proactive, big picture approach
- High level interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn and take on challenges or ad hoc projects
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work well independently within a very close-knit cohesive team
- Prior experience with Pro-Law software is an asset, but not required
- Experience working within a legal environment, or comparable professional services industry is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!