Our established, and locally owned/operated 30-year client is seeking a Part-time Accountant for a diverse and hands-on permanent opportunity located in their office in Dartmouth. Working three days per week (or equivalent partial days), the successful candidate will manage the full cycle of accounting for this tight-knit, entrepreneurial team.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced, full cycle Accountant who thrives on both the day to day, and making meaningful strategic and process improvement contributions to the organization as a key member of the management team. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package and work/life flexibility within a cohesive group.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Customer invoicing
- Payroll and benefits administration
- Employee record maintenance
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- GL reconciliations
- Sales and expense reporting
- Job costing and analysis
- Labour tracking
- Manufacturer’s component tracking and comparative analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Financial statement preparation
- Year-end audit preparation
- Insurance renewals and tracking
- Safety records
- Other reporting and projects as required
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ full cycle accounting experience
- Proficiency with Sage50
- Current knowledge of accounting standards, systems and processes
- Above average Microsoft Office experience required
- Proven skills with ongoing process improvement and implementing new controls and systems
- Strong communication skills and a progressive, inquisitive approach
- Above average attention to detail and organization skills
- Adaptable to changing priorities and superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!