Our client, an established, industry leading group of companies, is currently seeking a Finance Manager for a permanent position within their Halifax Office. Supporting the operating teams with a variety of accounting and corporate functions, the successful candidate should have prior supervisory experience in a similar role, a forward thinking attitude and strong technical accounting skills.
- Supervise a team of corporate accountants as well as an AP assistant
- Prepare financial statements monthly and be able to explain variance versus budget
- Assist in the annual budgeting process
- Review monthly entries and account reconciliations
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and the fixed asset subledger
- Review cash reconciliations and revenue recognition daily
- Calculate deferred revenue balances
- Complete HST remittances and filings
- Ad hoc analysis when necessary
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 2 years in a Financial Supervisory role completing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger maintenance
- Completed CPA designation
- Experience in cash handing and controls
- Strong computer proficiency including advanced Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience working in a customer service industry or environment.
- Experience or knowledge in Oracle NetSuite is considered an asset
- High level communication and interpersonal skills within a professional office setting
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!