Our client, a successful and actively growing company in the health services field, is seeking a Senior Accountant for a permanent opportunity in their Halifax, Nova Scotia corporate head office. This is a newly created opportunity to meet ongoing expansion with locations across North America.
The successful candidate will bring well-rounded full cycle accounting experience, while possessing a dedicated work ethic and the desire to contribute within this tight-knit accounting and finance group.
- Accounting for a portfolio of 2-3 subsidiaries
- Financial statement analysis
- Budget to actual reporting and analysis
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepaid adjustments
- Account reconciliations
- Payroll processing (hourly, time-sheet based)
- Client billing and payment processing
- Accounts payable and Accounts receivable review
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar full-cycle accounting role
- Above average proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience using QuickBooks and payroll specific software are assets, or the ability to pick up on new programs quickly
- Superior attention to detail and ability to work efficiently in a busy environment
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and demands
- Strong problem-solving abilities and willingness to take initiative
- Exceptional time management skills to meet weekly and monthly deadlines
- Ownership of role and ability to assist with process improvements
- Strong communication skills with internal and location staff
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!