Our client, Davis Pier Consulting, a consulting firm located in Halifax, is seeking a Finance Administrator for a permanent position within their office. This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter with a strong accounting background and excellent attention to detail.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- The preparation of monthly financial statements and performance metrics tracking
- Working with external auditors to support annual audit processes and special purpose project audits
- Expense reports and visa reconciliations
- Preparation of HST returns and related filings
- Track contractor budgets and reconcile subcontractors and vendor invoices
- Prepare and assist with inter-company transaction reconciliation
- Work with Project Managers to help track budgets and related expenses in projects
- Work with the Board of Directors to ensure adherence to bylaws and related regulatory filings
- Support the tracking of contract accountability and confirm adherence to project contract terms
- Other responsibilities as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting and financial administration
- Experience calculating input tax credits and mixed revenue tax applications
- Knowledge of professional services invoicing processes and project accounting
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proper task management and the ability to manage your time effectively
- Excellent technological skills including Microsoft office suite and QuickBooks
- Previous experience working in a not for profit would be considered an asset
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!