|Location:||Nova Scotia (remote)|
Our client, an international leader with global manufacturing operations, is seeking a Financial Analyst for a permanent, remote position within their team. Working remotely from Nova Scotia, this newly created opportunity is ideal for an ambitious, career focused candidate looking to contribute meaningfully to a committed and successful team. The company is enjoying explosive growth and your career path is yours to control!
- Critical member of the manufacturing plants’ Operation Management team
- Continuous improvement analysis of the plants using facts, data and financial analysis to ensure minimization of costs, maximizing product financial returns and ultimately maximizing profitability.
- Work closely with the Operations Management team to understand, analyze and challenge the operations from a financial perspective.
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place for all financial reporting including inventories and fixed assets.
- Extract plants’ data to complete variance analysis and highlight actionable items.
- Responsible for accurate product costing and valuation of inventories.
- Transfer Price analysis.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Analyze all plant capital spending requests.
- Fixed asset subledger maintenance.
- Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Coordinate corporate and plant onsite audits and tax support.
- Work on special ad-hoc projects, as required.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance.
- CPA designation completed.
- Experience working in manufacturing accounting, preferably in a lean manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP with knowledge of IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley preferred.
- Experience working with a multi-product manufacturing standard product costing system and MRP system is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel required.
- Strong command of IT systems, reporting tools and database skills is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs, to handle multi-tasking, and to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Work well independently and in a team environment.
- Combines strong problem-solving skills and business acumen with a process improvement mindset.
- Able to travel to the other plants as required.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!