Are you a diligent and organized accounting professional looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills while working closely with a team of accounting professionals? If so, our client in is seeking an Accounting Assistant for a permanent opportunity within their Halifax, Nova Scotia offices.
Working under the Controller, the successful candidate will provide daily accounting support while having the opportunity to learn more intermediate tasks and processes within this tight-knit team.
- Financial data entry of AP & AR
- Match and code purchase orders
- Journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Payroll processing and support
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors
- Answer general phone and email inquiries
- Excel spreadsheet tracking and reporting
- Ad hoc accounting support as needed
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 3 – 5 years related experience in a versatile accounting support position
- Proficiency with Simply Accounting software
- Intermediate MS Excel proficiency
- Previous experience processing payroll is considered a strong asset
- Strong communication skills and a professional, positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a high-volume environment
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- High level of accuracy and ability to find discrepancies
- Strong ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Natalie Clothier.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!