Our client, a leader in the medical technology industry in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, is seeking a Senior Accountant/Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate has solid experience in reporting and month end duties, and thrives on continuous improvement. With a versatile and wide range of responsibilities, you will have opportunities for tremendous career growth while contributing to ground-breaking projects with the company as a whole.
Key Accounting Responsibilities:
- Month-end and year-end financial close
- Journal entries
- Account reconciliations and analysis
- Working papers
- Variance analysis in areas such as COGS, overhead, purchase pricing, etc.
- Review inventory transactions and reconciliations
- Recommend accounting processes for new products
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions
- Financial reporting
- Maintain effective internal controls
- Cash flow projections and budgeting support
Key Operations Responsibilities:
- Purchasing management
- Design and present process improvement initiatives that touch all accounting systems and processes
- Onboard the production team onto inventory system
- Design and build financial and operational scenario models
- Review and maintain procedural documentations of accounting processes and polices
- Other analysis, research, and reporting as required
- CPA designation in progress or recently completed
- 2-3+ years’ applicable experience or 1+ years’ post CFE exam completion
- Prior experience working within a public accounting firm or manufacturing environment are assets, but not required
- Strong technical accounting skills using GAAP
- Superior attention to detail
- Adaptable to change and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working on a team and has a great sense of humour and positive outlook
- Ability to build processes and models from the ground-up or offer suggestions to improve current processes and tools
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent work ethic and able to work in-office
- Advanced user with MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Passion for your work and making valuable contributions to a focused and dedicated team
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!