Our client, a successful and actively growing company in the health services field, is seeking a Senior Accountant for a permanent opportunity in their Halifax, Nova Scotia office. The successful candidate will bring well-rounded full cycle accounting experience and comfort with MS Excel, while possessing a dedicated work ethic and the desire to learn and grow within this tight-knit organization.
This is an exciting growth position for a candidate who enjoys the combination of accounting for a small portfolio of companies, with higher level support to the Corporate Controller.
- Accounting for a portfolio of subsidiaries
- Financial statement analysis
- Budget to actual reporting and analysis
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepaid adjustments
- Account reconciliations
- Payroll processing (hourly, time-sheet based)
- Client billing and payment processing
- Accounts payable and Accounts receivable follow-up
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar full-cycle accounting role
- Above average proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience using QuickBooks and payroll specific software are assets, or the ability to pick up on new programs quickly
- Previous payroll processing for mid-large groups is an asset
- Superior attention to detail and ability to work efficiently in a busy environment
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and demands
- Strong problem-solving abilities and willingness to take initiative
- Exceptional time management skills to meet weekly and monthly deadlines
- Ownership of role and ability to assist with process improvements
- Strong communication skills with internal and location staff
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.