Our client is seeking a Staff Accountant for a permanent opportunity in their Kentville, Nova Scotia office. Bringing established general accounting experience and education, as well as a dedicated, client-focused work ethic, the successful candidate will have a desire to contribute to a professional and collaborative team environment. This mid-sized public accounting firm is dedicated to maintaining work/life balance and values each employee’s contribution.
- Examination of source documents pertinent to engagement
- Checking and proofing reports and schedules
- Corporate tax & some personal tax filing
- Monthly and year end client accounting and bookkeeping
- Other accounting support to the Partners and clients as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in a full cycle accounting role
- Some prior experience, or co-op exposure to working within public accounting is an asset
- Strong computer & software proficiency
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable working in a busy environment with proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team while being efficient when working independently
- Client-focused approach and strong communication skills
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.