Our client is seeking a Cost Accountant for a diverse and dynamic permanent opportunity located in Blandford, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of cost and financial accounting duties, as well as reviewing junior staff entries. This is the opportunity to join an organization that has experienced steady, and ongoing growth with the opportunity to grow your skills as they continue to thrive.
Offering a competitive salary and benefits package within a positive, cohesive group, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to combine in-office and remote working flexibility once established in the role.
- Cost accounting
- Manufacturing process analysis
- Process improvement reporting
- Inventory review and reporting
- Cost and quantity reviews
- Product pricing data analysis
- Inventory count assistance
- Journal entries
- Payroll entry review and submission to payroll provider
- Accounts receivable entry review and communication with clients
- Month end sales reports for Canadian and US customers
- Internal financial reports as required
- Sales analysis
- Support to the accounts payable clerk
- Credit card reconciliations
- GL reconciliations
- Ad hoc reporting and support to the VP Finance as required
- Post-secondary education in accounting and/or financial management
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation recently completed, in progress or a desire to complete will be considered a strong asset
- 3+ years’ full cycle accounting experience
- Prior experience using Sage 300 or similar systems is considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in a manufacturing industry is an asset, but not required
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Above average attention to detail, organization skills
- Responsible with a proven work ethic
- Adaptable to changing priorities and problem-solving skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Possess reliable transportation
- Positive, proactive approach and ability to work well independently or in a close-knit team environment
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!