Property Management Accountant
Our client, a reputable and locally owned organization in the thriving property management industry, is currently seeking a Property Management Accountant for a permanent position, and the opportunity to be a valued member of the management team.
Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will be responsible for full cycle accounting for a portfolio of both residential and commercial properties and play a crucial role in improving processes and supporting the overall operations from a financial perspective. The ideal candidate has a strong ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and have a proven high degree of initiative and professionalism.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to work within a flexible, friendly and professional work environment with a tight-knit team.
- Monthly financial reporting
- Financial statement preparation
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Budget and forecast management
- Variance analysis
- Bank reconciliations
- General ledger maintenance
- CAM and Tax recoveries
- Inter-company reconciliations
- HST reporting
- Payroll backup
- Year-end audit preparation for external auditor
- Other accounting duties and projects as required
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a full cycle accounting role
- Solid computer skills including systems similar to QuickBooks, Sage and/or Property Vista
- Superior Excel skills including pivot tables and financial formulas
- Candidates currently pursuing or who have recently completed their CPA, are welcome to apply although a designation is not required
- Prior experience performing property accounting is an asset
- Proven ability to work well independently within a team setting
- Knowledge of best practices and strong knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Willingness to offer recommendations and suggestions on systems and process improvements
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.