Manager, Accounting & Finance
We are seeking a Manager, Accounting & Finance for a permanent opportunity with our client based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the CFO, this is a fantastic position for a designated accountant who thrives in a growing, entrepreneurial environment and is seeking the opportunity to contribute meaningfully within a dedicated and dynamic team of professionals.
- Oversee and review all daily accounting and financial transactions
- Financial statement preparation
- Cash management
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Budgeting and forecasting assistance
- Financial analysis
- Review bi-weekly payroll (for Canadian & US employees)
- Staff supervision and performance management
- Support senior management with financial reviews and year-end audit
- Financial process and internal controls review
- Ad hoc project work as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation completed or near completion
- Minimum 2- 5 years’ progressive accounting experience at the senior accountant level
- Sage product experience preferred, or proficiency with similar systems and strong technical capabilities
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required
- Ceridian payroll service software experience an asset
- Payroll certification will be considered an asset, but is not required
- Superior leadership skills and strong communication
- Proactive work ethic and desire to offer process improvement suggestions
- Ability to quickly adapt and shift between urgent tasks
- Dedicated team player with a positive and progressive approach
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!