Our client, located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, is a locally owned and operated company in the construction services industry. In operation for 30 years, this established and reputable organization offers specialized products and services to commercial and residential customers. A cohesive and friendly team of professionals, they are seeking a Part-time Accountant for a diverse and hands-on permanent opportunity. Working three days per week (or equivalent partial days) this is an on-location opportunity managing the full cycle of accounting. Given the immediate need for this opportunity, the successful candidate will be currently located in Nova Scotia and ready to work now or within a short notice period.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced, full cycle Accountant who thrives in both the day to day, and making meaningful strategic and process improvement contributions to the organization as a key member of the management team. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package and work/life flexibility within an entrepreneurial setting.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Customer invoicing
- Payroll and benefits administration
- Employee record maintenance
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- GL reconciliations
- Sales and expense reporting
- Job costing and analysis
- Labour tracking
- Manufacturer’s component tracking and comparative analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Financial statement preparation
- Year-end audit preparation
- Safety records
- Other reporting and projects as required
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ full cycle accounting experience
- Proficiency with Sage50
- Current knowledge of accounting standards, systems and processes
- Above average Microsoft Office experience required
- Proven skills with ongoing process improvement and implementing new controls and systems
- Strong communication skills and a progressive, inquisitive approach
- Above average attention to detail and organization skills
- Adaptable to changing priorities and superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!