Our client, a Canadian publicly listed organization, is seeking an Accountant to join their experienced and dedicated team at their Bedford office. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate with have solid full-cycle experience with a proactive and committed work ethic.
This is an ideal role for an effective multi-tasker with a superior attention to detail who takes pride in contributing to a dynamic team.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations
- Monthly expense report management
- HST filings
- Preparation of financial working papers
- Assisting with quarterly reports
- Annual audit preparation and liaise with external auditors
- Ensuring compliance amongst policies and internal controls
- Maintaining accounting records and filing systems
- Ad hoc projects and reports as required
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the college or university level
- Minimum five years full cycle accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and full cycle practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite & QuickBooks software is required
- Experience with Xero software will be considered an asset, but is not required
- Previous experience with foreign exchange accounting is ideal
- Solid communication skills with the ability communicate effectively
- Personable demeanour and desire to work with a collaborative team
- Exceptional attention to detail; strong analysis and problem solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and produce high-quality work while consistently meeting deadlines
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!