We are seeking a driven, experienced, and highly focused Controller for our client in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia. This is a permanent opportunity with a successful and dynamic organization. Reporting to the VP, Finance, the successful candidate will be a result-oriented professional who thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- Monthly financial statement preparation
- Financial reporting
- Financial analysis
- Budgeting and cash flow
- Bank reconciliations
- Month-end accruals
- General ledger maintenance
- Staff management
- Additional accounting and special project work as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation in progress or recently completed ideal
- 5+ years’ full-cycle accounting experience
- Above average attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven success in a growing, entrepreneurial environment
- Desire to identify process improvements and collaborate with team members
- Comfortable using technology with the ability to learn new processes and systems quickly
- High level prioritizing skills and ability to address critical, deadline driven tasks
- Flexible and adaptable
- Positive team focused approach
Our client rewards hard work and dedication, and offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a team player with proven leadership ability, a customer-oriented focus and the ability to excel in a growing, entrepreneurial organization, this may be the career move for you.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy Yeo, CPA, CA, in confidence, at 902-405-3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!