Our client, an established and reputable business in the thriving construction industry, is currently seeking a General Accountant for a one-year term position in their Dartmouth location. Working within a productive project-based environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for full cycle accounting.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to work within a casual, yet professional work environment.
- Accounts payable entry review
- Accounts receivable management
- Payroll processing
- CRA Remittances
- Journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports
- Financial statement preparation
- Year-end audit preparation for external auditor
- Accounting projects as required
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the college or university level
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a full cycle accounting role
- Solid computer skills including proficiency in Sage50 & MS Excel
- Previous experience in the construction industry will be considered a strong asset
- Proven ability to work well independently within a team setting
- Knowledge of best practices for small-medium sized businesses
- Above average attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!