Our client, a membership organization in the not-for-profit sector, is seeking an Interim Accountant for an opportunity in their Halifax office. This is a contract position offering 3 – 5 days per week, lasting approximately 3 months. Supporting the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for daily accounting duties.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Ad hoc reporting
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 3+ years similar experience performing full accounting cycle duties
- Strong computer literacy including proficiency in MS Excel & Sage50
- Flexible worker who takes ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and a go-getter attitude
- Logical thinker with strong organizational and time management skills
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy Yeo, CA, in confidence, at 902.405.3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!