Our national client is currently seeking an Accountant for a diverse and dynamic opportunity within their 7 member accounting team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Controller, you will work closely within a professional and cohesive accounting team on a variety of accounting duties including budget assistance, payroll back-up and month end accounting support.
If you are an adaptable individual who is comfortable with technology and enjoys a close team environment, this may be the career move for you.
- Managing capital assets
- Posting and running reports
- Collaborating with Managers for approved expenditures
- Budgeting support
- Month-end accounting assistance
- Back-up to the Payroll Administrator
- Maintaining up to date employee records
- Ad hoc project support as required
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the college or university level
- 2-3+ years’ experience in an accounting-focused role
- Solid computer skills and a passion for constantly evolving technology
- Payroll processing experience or knowledge of payroll principles and interest in learning
- Above average attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new skills and desire to contribute new ideas
- Strong work ethic and problem solving skills
- Successful in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Prior experience with Oracle software or Avanti payroll software an asset, but not expected
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!