Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant for a permanent opportunity in their Charlottetown office. Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for full-cycle accounting tasks and play a lead role in the financial well-being of the company.
- Salary range – 60k – 75k
- Great benefits and PTO package
- Month end duties
- Consolidated Financial Reporting for Companies, Locations, Business Units, and Departments
- General ledger maintenance
- Project costing analysis
- Provide variance analysis comparing actual results to budget
- Support annual budgeting process
- Internal control analysis/improvements
- Oversea AR and AP functions by supervising an accounting staff of two
- Monitor, and account for fixed asset purchases and update and maintain respective schedules
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in business or accounting
- CPA, or CPA candidate considered an asset
- 3-5 years of full-cycle accounting experience
- Supervisory experience considered an asset
- Solid understanding of GAAP principles
- Advanced MS office skills (specifically Excel)
- Experience with QuickBooks Online an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Tireless attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy Yeo, CA, in confidence, at 902.405.3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!