Our client in Halifax, Nova Scotia is currently seeking an Accountant for a diverse role within their publicly traded, locally based company. This is a new position responding to ongoing growth. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will work closely within a fantastic, professional accounting and finance team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for full cycle accounting for a North American based portfolio. As a progressive, tech-driven organization, your interest and ability to work effectively from home on occasion is a key quality. If you are seeking a challenging and fulfilling role within a positive, entrepreneurial and dynamic work culture, this may be the career move for you.
- Day-to-day general accounting for multiple US and/or Canadian locations
- Weekly client billing, payment processing and AR follow-through
- AP processing
- Client payroll processing
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Month-end close
- Prepaid adjustments
- Accruals and Amortization
- Financial statement analytics
- Assist with implementing new business processes required to streamline accounting and management processes
- Other accounting tasks as needed
- Post-secondary education in accounting and strong technical accounting skills
- Minimum 5 years relevant, full cycle accounting experience
- Mid-to-large size payroll processing experience an asset
- Strong computer skills – Advanced Excel and Quickbooks Enterprise are considered assets
- Self-starter with initiative, who enjoys finding inefficiencies and assisting with process development
- High attention to detail, organized and capable with managing your own priorities
- Successful in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline driven environment
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.