Are you an experienced Accountant with an interest in supporting an organization that works closely with entrepreneurs in the creative arts field? We’re currently seeking a Part-time Accountant for a permanent opportunity in Halifax performing diverse accounting duties 3 days per week. Working in the downtown Halifax office, the successful candidate will be a key member of a small team, performing full cycle general accounting and analysis functions.
- Asset, liability, and capital account entries for two entities
- Financial reporting under IFRS
- Journal entries
- Financial analysis
- Funding and service agreement review
- Operational and construction budget analysis
- Expense analysis
- Cash forecasts
- Payroll processing
- Monitoring and processing AP
- Invoice preparation
- Monthly bank and investment account reconciliations
- Government remittances
- Ensure compliance and maintain all relevant documentation
- Contribute to procedure and process improvements
- Annual operations budget preparation for the Director of Finance
- Annual year-end statements and audit coordination
- College or university education focused in accounting or finance
- Minimum 3-5 years’ accounting experience in a similar role
- QuickBooks Online considered a strong asset
- Above average Excel skills required
- Previous non-profit experience considered a strong asset
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Inquisitive, analytical nature
- Ability to work independently
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!