Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant for a one-year, contract opportunity in their Halifax office. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accountant with initiative and the desire to contribute to a busy, not-for-profit organization.
- Year-end close and annual financial audit lead
- Financial reporting
- Full process accounts payable and receivable
- Intercompany billings and reconciliations
- Bank account reconciliations
- Budget maintenance
- Funding request documentation and invoicing
- Liaison with banks and government officials
- GST/HST remittances
- Payroll processing
- Pension and benefits administration
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at Accountant level
- Prior non-profit experience an asset
- Proficiency using accounting software and Excel
- High level of professionalism and discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!