|Location:||Halifax Regional Municipality|
Our client is seeking a Bookkeeper for a permanent position at one of their Halifax Regional Municipality locations. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper, ideally with QuickBooks Online experience and an interest in joining a consistently expanding, small accounting services firm. Time will be divided between working in office and working remotely, an ideal situation for a candidate seeking flexibility.
- Full cycle bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Account reconciliations
- Credit card purchase posting and reconciliation
- Journal entries
- Government remittances
- T1 and T2 tax preparation
- Client visits to advise and gather materials
- Light administrative duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a full cycle bookkeeping position
- Experience using QuickBooks Online is considered a strong asset or a similar program
- Familiarity with Receipt Bank software will be considered an asset, but not expected
- Have own transportation to travel to client sites weekly or as needed
- Strong computer skills and comfortable working with online technology
- A self-starter who enjoys working independently and meeting with clients
- Superior communication skills
- Above average organizational and time management skills
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!