Our client is seeking a Controller for a permanent position in their Halifax office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a positive, energetic, and local entrepreneurial organization. Overseeing the accounting and finance function, you will be a key member of the management team, with the opportunity to shape new processes and guide junior staff through future growth.
- Financial statement preparation
- Monthly and quarterly reporting
- In depth financial analysis
- Job costing and project accounting
- Oversee support staff and review AP/AR entries for accuracy
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Account reconciliations
- HST management
- Year-end audit preparation
- Work closely with appraisers, banks, sub-contractors and all relevant external parties
- Lead updates to systems and processes, promoting efficiency
- Bachelor in Commerce (accounting)
- CPA designation is an asset
- 5-10 years’ experience in a full-cycle accounting position
- Minimum 3 years in a senior management role
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Initiative and adaptability
- Real estate experience will be considered an asset
- Prior experience using QuickBooks is an asset, but not required
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!