We are seeking an Accountant for a permanent position with our client in Kentville, Nova Scotia. This is an exciting, newly created opportunity for someone with strong, full-cycle accounting skills to join a steadily expanding organization. As part of a close-knit accounting team, you will assist with accounting for multiple locations.
- Month-end close
- Financial statement preparation
- Journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- General ledger reconciliations
- Variance analysis
- Ad hoc financial reports
- Review AP and AR entries
- Mentor and supervise bookkeepers day to day
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a full-cycle accounting position
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable working in accounting systems such as Sage 50 and QuickBooks Online
- Proven leadership and solid communication skills
- Operationally minded and enjoys entrepreneurial environments
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!