Accounts Payable Specialist
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist for a contract opportunity with our client in Halifax. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting Operations, your focus will be managing all activities associated with the timely and accurate payment of invoices and other remittances for all entities associated with the organization.
- Accounts Payable processing for multiple corporate entities
- Cheque runs & EFT management
- General ledger posting account maintenance and AP sub-ledger
- AP monthly reporting and payables tracking
- Review and verify invoice coding and system posting
- Resolve complex payment issues with vendors and internal contacts
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience processing accounts payable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Superior time management and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Gillian A. Pendlebury, CPHR by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!