Bilingual (French/English) Bookkeeper
Our client is seeking a Bilingual Bookkeeper for a permanent growth opportunity in their Halifax office. The successful candidate will have a variety of duties focusing on accounting support plus some database management and process improvement opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to expand and develop their bookkeeping skills within a successful grouping of companies.
- Record all day to day financial transactions
- Create and distribute bi-monthly invoices
- Track paid and owing invoices monthly
- Manage unpaid accounts and invoices
- Review and pay all field staff and company expenses
- Submit payroll data bi-weekly to Ceridian PowerPay System
- Review salaried employee payroll for accuracy, noting changes
- Audit financial transactions, invoicing, expenses, payroll and collections
- Employee and client database management
- Assist with developing processes to improve internal controls
- Other accounting duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 2-3 years’ experience in an accounting support or Junior Bookkeeping position
- Must be fully bilingual in French/English
- Comfortable with technology and able to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote position #AS13972-CB.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!