Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant for a permanent opportunity in their Dartmouth office. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated individual with initiative and the desire to grow their career with a well-respected, client focused organization.
This position is ideal for the person who enjoys full cycle accounting combined with some operational and HR responsibilities in an entrepreneurial setting. A growing, local company, this is a great opportunity to contribute to their ongoing success.
- Management reporting
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Producing invoices
- Bank deposits
- Processing biweekly payroll
- Job costing and W.I.P reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Financial statement preparation
- Tax remittances
- Accounting and administrative clerk support
- Daily IT system backup review and liaise with IT service provider
- Human Resources duties including posting jobs, participating in interviews and administering Group Benefits plan
- Other duties as required
- CPA Designation or Bachelor’s in Business (Accounting) plus relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at Accountant level
- Experience with QuickBooks is an asset
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong technical accounting skills and ability to learn new systems
- Experience with construction project accounting will be considered an asset
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!