Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant for a permanent opportunity in their Dartmouth office. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated individual with initiative and the desire to grow their career with a well-respected, client focused organization.
This position is ideal for the person who enjoys full cycle accounting combined with some operational and HR responsibilities in an entrepreneurial setting. A growing, local company, this is a great opportunity to contribute to their ongoing success.
- Management reporting
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Producing invoices
- Bank deposits
- Processing biweekly payroll
- Job costing and W.I.P reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Financial statement preparation
- Tax remittances
- Accounting and administrative clerk support
- Daily IT system backup review and liaise with IT service provider
- Human Resources duties including posting jobs, participating in interviews and administering Group Benefits plan
- Other duties as required
- CPA Designation or Bachelor’s in Business (Accounting) plus relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at Accountant level
- Experience with QuickBooks is an asset
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong technical accounting skills and ability to learn new systems
- Experience with construction project accounting will be considered an asset
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.