Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant for their corporate office in Dartmouth. This is a new, permanent opportunity with a reputable, long-standing organization. Reporting to the Controller, and working closely with a team of dedicated individuals, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of month end and year end tasks.
- Month-end close support
- Journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Financial schedules and sub-ledger maintenance
- General Ledger reconciliations and variance analysis
- Fixed asset accounting
- Government remittances
- Financial report preparation for management
- Cost variance analysis
- Customer invoicing
- Other duties as required
- Completion of Accounting Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive accounting experience
- CPA designation in progress or recently completed is considered an asset
- Prior cost accounting experience within a manufacturing, engineering or project driven environment is an asset
- ERP system experience is an asset
- Experience with GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Strong ability to work well in a team environment
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized
This role will appeal to you if you thrive in an exciting, team-based environment. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!