Our client is seeking a Property Accountant for a permanent role in their Dartmouth office. Reporting to the Controller and contributing to a small team of accounting professionals, the successful candidate will be responsible for bookkeeping for a portfolio of properties and assisting with staff payroll processing.
- Accounts receivable including tenant rent collections, deposits and entries
- Accounts payable
- Account reconciliations
- Financial statement preparation
- Financial reports for management
- Year-end calculations
- Other bookkeeping duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting at the college level
- 3-5 years’ progressive experience in a similar bookkeeping role
- Prior experience processing payroll
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience performing accounting duties within the real estate industry is an asset
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven success in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Yardi and Ceridian software experience would be considered an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!