Our client is seeking an Accountant for a permanent opportunity in their Halifax office. Reporting to the Division Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of full cycle monthly accounting and reporting for multiple projects.
- Corporate level financial reporting
- Financial statement review and analysis monthly
- Account reconciliations
- Maintain monthly sub ledgers
- Acquisitions reporting and reconciliations
- Budgeting and forecasting assistance
- Bank reconciliations and cash management support
- Monthly GST/HST and QST tax filings, remittances and reconciliations
- Work closely with other departments and external parties
- Other duties as required
- CPA designation recently completed, currently enrolled or an interest in starting
- Bachelor of Commerce in accounting or finance
- Full cycle monthly processes and reconciliation experience
- 2+ years’ real estate industry accounting ideal
- Experience with real estate specific systems such as MRI or Yardi is considered an asset
- Comfortable working with banking and payment processes and reporting related transactions
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to quickly respond to evolving priorities in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!