Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant for a permanent position in their Halifax office. Working closely with the partners and managers, the successful candidate will have a positive attitude and a team-oriented approach.
- Corporate financial statements, year-end working paper files, and income tax returns
- Trust year end working paper file preparation
- Personal income tax returns
- Providing accounting and tax guidance to accountants
- Conducting reviews of engagement
- Preparation of client engagements, including Notice to Reader, T2, T3, T4, and T5
- Regular correspondence with clients and some client meetings
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a full cycle accounting role
- Prior public accounting firm experience is an asset
- Knowledge of CaseWare Working Papers and Taxprep software an asset
- Experience with QuickBooks Online or other cloud-based accounting platforms
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!